Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened throughout history on September 16. From 1900 until now.
September 16 is under the sign of Virgo.
Famous birthdays on this day include Nick Jonas (1992), Cécile de Ménibus (1970) and Mickey Rourke (1952).
Several movies were released around September 16 over the years, such as The Intouchables in 2011 directed by Olivier Nakache, Éric Toledano and Faust in 1926 directed by F.W. Murnau.
But much more happened on September 16 over the years: find out below
Which were the most popular Movies released around September 16 over the years?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the important events of September 16?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- See more
- 2018 The Sunspot Solar Observatory in New Mexico is set to reopen on Monday after being closed due to "an on-going law enforcement investigation of criminal activity that occurred at Sacramento Peak" in which "a suspect in the investigation potentially posed a threat to the safety of local staff and residents". (CNET)
- 2017 Airlines of the Republic of Ireland: Irish low-cost airline Ryanair cancels 82 Sunday flights as the first step in a six-week program that will eliminate 40 to 50 flights daily to wipe out its crew vacation backlog in order to meet Irish Aviation Authority requirements by the end of this year. (Bloomberg)
- 2016 War in North-West Pakistan: A suicide bombing at a mosque in Mohmand Agency kills at least 28 people and injures 31 others. Jamaat-ul-Ahrar claims the responsibility. (The Independent) (The Express Tribune)
- 2015 Turkey–PKK conflict: PKK attacks kill five Turkish police officers in the southeastern Mardin and Hakkâri provinces. The Turkish Army claims to have killed nine militants. (Daily Sabah), (Reuters via Daily Star)
- See more
American singer and guitar player (Jonas...
American actress, a star for over a half...
American actress (Gilmore Girls).
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 16 over the years?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- 2017 Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do
- 2016 The Chainsmokers Featuring Halsey - Closer
- 2015 The Weeknd - Can't Feel My Face
- 2014 Taylor Swift - Shake It Off
- 2013 Katy Perry - Roar
- 2012 Flo Rida - Whistle
- 2011 Adele - Someone Like You
- 2010 Katy Perry - Teenage Dream
- 2009 The Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling
- 2008 T.I. - Whatever You Like
- See more
Top #1 Rock songs
- 2017 Imagine Dragons - Believer
- 2016 twenty one pilots - Heathens
- 2015 WALK THE MOON - Shut Up And Dance
- 2014 Tove Lo - Habits (Stay High)
- 2013 Lorde - Royals
- 2012 Green Day - Oh Love
- 2011 Red Hot Chili Peppers - The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie
- 2010 Linkin Park - The Catalyst
- 2009 Linkin Park - New Divide
Which were the most popular books released around September 16 over the years?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
This day over the years in 30 sec.
For more videos please visit our official youtube channel