Wednesday June 17, 1998
US date format: 6/17/1998, UK date format: 17/6/1998
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 17, 1998). The US president was Bill Clinton (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Boy Is Mine by Brandy & Monica.
In UK C'est La Vie by B*Witched was in the top 5 hits.
23, directed by Hans-Christian Schmid, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1998
while Message In A Bottle by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Saaya.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing C: The Contra Adventure or Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 17, 1998?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 17, 1998?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Brandy & Monica - The Boy Is Mine
- Jon B - They Don't Know/Are U Still Down
- Next - Too Close
- Janet Featuring BLACKstreet - I Get Lonely
- Xscape - The Arms Of The One Who Loves You
- Mya & Sisqo - It's All About Me
- Usher - My Way
- Mariah Carey - My All/Breakdown
- Big Punisher Featuring Joe - Still Not A Player
- Montell Jordan Feat. Master P & Silkk The Shocker - Let's Ride
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next June 17If June 17, 1998 is your birthday you're 22 years, 3 months, 2 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 8 months, 29 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $70.37
- Apple AAPL: opens at $28.00
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $89.94
- General Electric GE: opens at $86.19
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $111.00