Friday May 17, 2019
US date format: 5/17/2019, UK date format: 17/5/2019
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 17, 2019). The US president was Donald John Trump (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Theresa May (Conservative).
State of the Union, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2019
On TV people were watching The Code.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of May 17, 2019?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- See more
- Canada–United States relations, Mexico–United States relations: The United States lifts tariffs on steel and aluminum from Canada and Mexico. (NPR)
- The United States lifts tariffs on steel and aluminum from Canada and Mexico. (NPR)
- China–United States relations: A former CIA officer, Kevin Patrick Mallory, is sentenced to 20 years in prison by a federal judge in Virginia for spying for China. (The New York Times) (BBC)
- A former CIA officer, Kevin Patrick Mallory, is sentenced to 20 years in prison by a federal judge in Virginia for spying for China. (The New York Times) (BBC)
- See more
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next May 17If May 17, 2019 is your birthday you're 1 year, 2 months, 22 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 9 months, 9 days.
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Amazon to Invest in Deliveroo, a Rival to Uber in Food Delivery The $575 million investment strengthens one of the biggest overseas rivals to Uber’s food-delivery division, which the ride-hailing company considers a key business. [..]
- As Trade War Rages, China’s Sway Over the U.S. Fades Beijing once could count on allies in business and politics to help get its way. Now many of its old allies are staying on the sidelines. [..]
- See all financial news of May 17, 2019