Friday 17 October 1980
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sarah Lamb and Angel Parker.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Another One Bites The Dust by Queen.
In UK Don't Stand So Close To Me by The Police was in the top 5 hits.
Oh, God! Book II, directed by Gilbert Cates, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Firestarter by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Great Railway Journeys of the World.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Eamon or Phoenix.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1980!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1980 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Sarah Lamb: American ballerina, the youngest principal to ever dance with the Boston Ballet Company which she joined at age 17.
- Angel Parker: TV Actress.
- Yekaterina Gamova: Russian volleyball player.
- Mohammad Hafeez: Pakistani cricketer.
- Alessandro Piccolo: Italian race car driver.
- 1st-class debut of Mike Whitney, NSW vs. Queensland (2-52 & 1-39)
- As part of the Holy See : United Kingdom relations a British monarch makes the first state visit to the Vatican
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 October 1980
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
- Barbra Streisand - Woman In Love
- Diana Ross - Upside Down
- Air Supply - All Out Of Love
- Pointer Sisters - He's So Shy
- The Doobie Brothers - Real Love
- Kenny Loggins - I'm Alright
- Olivia Newton-John - Xanadu
- Eddie Rabbitt - Drivin' My Life Away
- Paul Simon - Late In The Evening
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?