Monday 17 November 1980
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Clarke Isaac Hanson in Tulsa and Brad Bradley.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Lady by Kenny Rogers.
In UK The Tide Is High by Blondie was in the top 5 hits.
Heaven's Gate, directed by Michael Cimino, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Music For Chameleons by Truman Capote was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Le temps d'une paix.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Horse Racing or Stratovox.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1980!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1980 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Clarke Isaac Hanson in Tulsa: Oklahoma; American guitarist - Hanson (MMMBop).
- Brad Bradley: American professional wrestler.
- Isaac Hanson: American musician (Hanson).
- Jay Bradley: American wrestler.
- Israel Idonije: Nigerian-Canadian football player.
- Mercedes Martinez: American professional wrestler
- John Lennon releases Double Fantasy album in the UK
- The former New Orleans Mint building re-opens as the Louisiana State Museum.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kenny Rogers - Lady
- Barbra Streisand - Woman In Love
- Donna Summer - The Wanderer
- Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
- Diana Ross - I'm Coming Out
- Stephanie Mills - Never Knew Love Like This Before
- Stevie Wonder - Master Blaster (Jammin')
- Leo Sayer - More Than I Can Say
- John Lennon - (Just Like) Starting Over
- Cliff Richard - Dreaming
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 17 November 1980
- Oakland Raiders - Seattle Seahawks : 19 - 17
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?