Tuesday 21 October 1980
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kim Kardashian and Brian Pittman.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Woman In Love by Barbra Streisand.
In UK Don't Stand So Close To Me by The Police was in the top 5 hits.
Humkadam, directed by Anil Ganguly, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while The Second Lady by Irving Wallace was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rosa... de lejos.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Wizard and the Princess or Horse Racing.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 October 1980
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1980!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1980 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Kim Kardashian: American socialite, model, actress and television celebrity, she is most known for her part in the reality program, "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" which aired in 2007.
- Brian Pittman: American bass player (Relient K and Inhale Exhale).
- Hans Asperger: Austrian pediatrician and academic (d. 1980).
- Banjo Dancing opens at Century Theater NYC for 38 performances
- 1st and only time Phillies win World Series (in 98 years)
- Michael Gorbatsjov elected member of Politburo
- Phillies win their 1st World Championship in their 98-year history
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barbra Streisand - Woman In Love
- Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
- Pointer Sisters - He's So Shy
- Diana Ross - Upside Down
- The Doobie Brothers - Real Love
- Kenny Rogers - Lady
- Donna Summer - The Wanderer
- Air Supply - All Out Of Love
- Kenny Loggins - I'm Alright
- Stephanie Mills - Never Knew Love Like This Before
Top #10 R&B songs
- Tom Browne - Funkin' For Jamaica (N.Y.)
- Stevie Wonder - Master Blaster (Jammin')
- More Bounch To The Ounce - Zapp
- Queen With Wyclef Jean Featuring Pras And Free - Another One Bites The Dust
- The Jacksons - Lovely One
- Diana Ross - I'm Coming Out
- Where Did We Go Wrong - LTD
- Stacy Lattisaw - Let Me Be Your Angel
- Earth, Wind & Fire - Let Me Talk
- The Pointer Sisters - He's So Shy
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?