Sunday 17 September 1967
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Malik Yoba and Dan Dupuis.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Ode To Billie Joe by Bobbie Gentry.
In UK The Last Waltz by Engelbert Humperdinck was in the top 5 hits.
Samurai Rebellion, directed by Masaki Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Carol Burnett Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1967!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 17 September 1967 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- Malik Yoba: Actor (NY Undercover - Detective JC Williams).
- Dan Dupuis: Ashcroft, British Columbia -- Canadian Tour golfer (1994 Canadian Golf).
- Derek Ware: NFL tight end (Cin Bengals).
- Maurice Hurst: NFL cornerback (NE Patriots).
- Koen Wauters: Flemish singer, active with the band Clouseau, television presenter, and occasionally actor and race car driver.
- Michael Carbajal: American boxer.
- Mission Impossible premieres on CBS-TV
- Shirley Englehorn wins LPGA Shirley Englehorn Golf Invitational
- New Orleans Saints' first NFL game, they lose to Los Angeles Rams 27-13.
- Mount Washington cog railway train derails, kills 8 (New Hampshire).
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Reflections
- Bobby Vee - Come Back When You Grow Up
- The Box Tops - The Letter
- Aretha Franklin - Baby I Love You
- The Temptations - You're My Everything
- Jay and the Techniques - Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie
- The Beatles - All You Need Is Love
- Eric Burdon and the Animals - San Franciscan Nights
- Wilson Pickett - Funky Broadway
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?