Friday 8 September 1967
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brett Winslow and James Packer.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Ode To Billie Joe by Bobbie Gentry.
In UK The Last Waltz by Engelbert Humperdinck was in the top 5 hits.
Point Blank, directed by John Boorman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Carol Burnett Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1967!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1967 ?
- Brett Winslow: Santa Barbara, California -- Volleyball middle blocker (1996 Olympics).
- James Packer: Entrepreneur.
- Eerik-Niiles Kross: Estonian politician and diplomat.
- Kimberly Peirce: American director producer and screenwriter.
- Surveyor 5 is launched; makes soft landing on Moon September 10.
- Uganda abolishes traditional tribal kingdoms, becomes a republic.
- The formal end of steam traction in the North East of England by British Railways.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 September 1967
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Reflections
- Bobby Vee - Come Back When You Grow Up
- Aretha Franklin - Baby I Love You
- The Box Tops - The Letter
- The Beatles - All You Need Is Love
- The Temptations - You're My Everything
- The Doors - Light My Fire
- Jay and the Techniques - Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie
- Eric Burdon and the Animals - San Franciscan Nights
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?