Saturday 9 September 1967
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include B J Armstrong and Anna Malle.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Ode To Billie Joe by Bobbie Gentry.
In UK The Last Waltz by Engelbert Humperdinck was in the top 5 hits.
Point Blank, directed by John Boorman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Carol Burnett Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1967!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1967 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- B J Armstrong: NBA guard (Charlotte Hornets).
- Anna Malle: American porn star (d. 2006).
- BJ Armstrong: American basketball player, a guard for the Chicago Bulls and other teams.
- Akshay Kumar: Indian actor.
- B Armstrong: American basketball player and sportscaster.
- Chris Caffery: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Savatage Trans-Siberian Orchestra and Metalium)
- Helen Flint: Actress (Sea Devils), dies after being hit by a car at 69.
- 1st successful Test flight of a Saturn V
- Debra Dene Barnes (Kansas), 20, crowned 40th Miss America 1968
- Uganda declares independence from Great Britain
- First successful test flight of a Saturn V booster rocket.
- Fashion Island, one of California's first outdoor shopping malls, opens in Newport Beach.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 September 1967
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Reflections
- Bobby Vee - Come Back When You Grow Up
- Aretha Franklin - Baby I Love You
- The Box Tops - The Letter
- The Beatles - All You Need Is Love
- The Temptations - You're My Everything
- The Doors - Light My Fire
- Jay and the Techniques - Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie
- Eric Burdon and the Animals - San Franciscan Nights
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?