Monday 17 September 2007US date format: 9/17/2007, UK date format: 17/9/2007
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 17, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy Tell'em.
In UK Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston was in the top 5 hits.
Things We Lost in the Fire, directed by Susanne Bier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while 74 Seaside Avenue by Debbie Macomber was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Moonlight.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Chili Con Carnage or Bos Wars.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 September 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 2007!
Which were the important events of 17 September 2007 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 September
- AOL, once the largest ISP in the U.S., officially announces plans to refocus the company as an advertising business and to relocate its corporate headquarters from Dulles, Virginia to New York, New York.
- Andrew Meyer, a 21-year-old fourth-year undergraduate, is apprehended by five police officers and tasered while allegedly having interrupted a speech by U.S. Senator John Kerry. (The Miami Herald)
- Bernard Kouchner, the French Foreign Minister, warns of the possibility of war over Iran's nuclear program. (BBC)
- Iraq and the United States have pledged a ampquotfair and transparentampquot investigation into a gunfight involving private security firm Blackwater Security that left eight people dead in Baghdad. (BBC)
- Ernest Bai Koroma is sworn in as the President of Sierra Leone after winning a run-off election held 10 days ago. (ABC News Australia)
- Microsoft loses its appeal against a European Union antitrust ruling forcing it to pay a 497 million euro fine. (Bloomberg)
- The Supreme Court of Pakistan hears petitions as to whether Pervez Musharraf should remain as head of the Pakistani Army while serving as the President of Pakistan. (BBC)
- 2007 Pacific typhoon season: The death toll from Typhoon Nari in South Korea rises to nine. (AFP)
- A new species of bat, the Mindoro Stripe-Faced Fruit bat, is discovered on Mindoro Island in the Philippines. (AFP)
- The flight data recorder and cockpit voice recorder are found for the flight while an official from One-Two-Go Airlines thinks that wind shear may have been responsible. (AP via Topix)
- Greek conservative Prime Minister Costas Karamanlis early Monday declared victory in Sunday's general elections after early results gave his ruling New Democracy party a lead of over four percent over the opposition Pasok socialists. (AFP)
- Incumbent parties lose two of three by-elections in Canadian federal parliamentary ridings in Quebec. Thomas Mulcair takes the Liberal stronghold of Outremont, bringing the New Democratic Party its second-ever victory in Quebec. Conservative Denis Lebel takes the Bloc-held riding of Roberval—Lac-Saint-Jean, while Ève-Mary Thaï Thi Lac holds Saint-Hyacinthe—Bagot for the Bloc Québécois. (CBC)
Sport Games on 17 September 2007
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Erzgebirge Aue - M'gladbach : 2 - 3
Division 2Football (France)
- Nantes - Sedan : 2 - 1
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Derby - Newcastle : 1 - 0
Liga IFootball (Portugal)
- Guimaraes - Nacional : 1 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- J. Holiday - Bed
- Let It Go - Keyshia Cole Featuring Missy Elliott & Lil Kim
- Shawty - Plies Featuring T-Pain
- Crank That (Soulja Boy) - Soulja Boy Tell'em
- When I See U - Fantasia
- teachme - Musiq Soulchild
- Ne-Yo - Do You
- Until The End Of Time - Justin Timberlake Duet With Beyonce
- Make Me Better - Fabolous Featuring Ne-Yo
- Alicia Keys - No One
Top #10 Latin songs
- Gloria Estefan - No Llores
- Ella Me Levanto - Daddy Yankee
- Dimelo - Enrique Iglesias
- Aventura - Mi Corazoncito
- Tuya - Jennifer Pena
- De Ti Exclusivo - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Lagrimas Del Corazon - Grupo Montez de Durango
- Basta Ya - Conjunto Primavera
- A Ti Si Puedo Decirte - El Chapo de Sinaloa
- No Te Veo - Casa De Leones
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
In an interview timed with the release of his memoir, Alan Greenspan, a lifelong Republican, sought to distance himself from the economic policies of President Bush. [..]
Weeks before Halloween, marketers, retailers and media companies are busily painting the town orange in order to satisfy consumers who are already in the mood. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $37.80
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $111.61
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $75.70
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $48.27
- 1 CAD = 1.1553 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9884 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.8552 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.3675 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?