Thursday 18 February 1960
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carol McGiffin and Eleonora Brigliadori.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Teen Angel by Mark Dinning.
In UK Why by Anthony Newley was in the top 5 hits.
Sink the Bismarck!, directed by Lewis Gilbert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Folk Medicine by Deforest Clinton Jarvis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Four Feather Falls.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 February 1960!
Which were the important events of 18 February 1960 ?
- Independence Day in The Gambia (1965)
- Carol McGiffin: British TV and radio presenter.
- Eleonora Brigliadori: Italian model, actress and television personality.
- Greta Scacchi: Italian-British actress, the daughter of an English dancer and an Italian painter.
- Tony Anselmo: American animator and voice actor.
- Andy Moog: NHL goalie (Oilers, Bruins, Olympics - Canada - 1988).
- 8th Winter Olympic games open in Squaw Valley, Colorado
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mark Dinning - Teen Angel
- Johnny Preston - Running Bear
- Jimmy Jones - Handy Man
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Dion and the Belmonts - Where Or When
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Jack Scott - What In The World's Come Over You
- Conway Twitty - Lonely Blue Boy
- The Everly Brothers - Let It Be Me
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?