Monday 18 January 1960
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mark Rylance .
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Running Bear by Johnny Preston.
In UK What Do You Want To Make Those Eyes At Me For? by Emile Ford & The Checkmates was in the top 5 hits.
The Men Who Tread on the Tiger's Tail, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Return To Peyton Place by Grace Metalious was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Firma Hesselbach.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 January 1960!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 18 January 1960 ?
- Winnie The Pooh Day (In observance of the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne, 1882.)
- Christian ecumenism - Week of Prayer for Christian Unity begins
- US and Japan sign joint defense treaty
- Capital Airlines Flight 20 crashes into a farm in Charles City County, Virginia, killing all 50 aboard, the third fatal Capital Airlines crash in as many years.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Preston - Running Bear
- Frankie Avalon - Why
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
- Miss Toni Fisher - The Big Hurt
- Freddie Cannon - Way Down Yonder In New Orleans
- Jimmy Clanton - Go, Jimmy, Go
- Mark Dinning - Teen Angel
- Andy Williams - The Village Of St. Bernadette
- Steve Lawrence - Pretty Blue Eyes
- Connie Francis - Among My Souvenirs
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?