Thursday 18 June 1970
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Franck Couchellou and Naamen Meziche.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Long And Winding Road by The Beatles.
In UK In The Summertime by Mungo Jerry was in the top 5 hits.
Chisum, directed by Andrew V. McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Shadows of Fear.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 1970!
Which were the important events of 18 June 1970 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- Franck Couchellou: French criminal, a repeat offender with convictions for theft, ram-raiding, burglary, receiving stolen goods, hit and runs and escaping from prison.
- Naamen Meziche: French djihadist having algerian origin.
- Katie Derham: Journalist.
- Robin Christopher: American actress.
- Ivan Kozák: Slovak footballer.
- Greg Yaitanes: American television and film director
- United Kingdom general election, 1970: the Conservative Party wins and Edward Heath becomes Prime Minister, ousting the Labour government of Harold Wilson after nearly six years in power. The election result was something of a surprise, as most of the opinion polls had predicted a third successive Labour win.
- Brazil defeats Italy 4–1 to win the 1970 FIFA World Cup.
- Penn Central declares Section 77 bankruptcy, largest ever US corporate bankruptcy up to this date.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 June 1970
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - The Long And Winding Road
- The Jackson 5 - The Love You Save
- The Poppy Family - Which Way You Goin' Billy?
- Rare Earth - Get Ready
- Three Dog Night - Mama Told Me (Not To Come)
- The Temptations - Ball Of Confusion (That's What The World Is Today)
- The Moments - Love On A Two-Way Street
- Joe Cocker - The Letter
- Vanity Fare - Hitchin' A Ride
- Melanie - Lay Down (Candles In The Rain)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?