Tuesday 23 June 1970
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Knarren and A C Earl.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Love You Save by The Jackson 5.
In UK In The Summertime by Mungo Jerry was in the top 5 hits.
Myra Breckinridge, directed by Michael Sarne, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Shadows of Fear.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1970!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1970 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- Roger Knarren: Soccer player (MVV).
- A C Earl: NBA center (Toronto Raptors).
- Kerri Ann Buchberger: Russell, Manitoba -- Volleyballer (1996 Olympics).
- Mike Bartrum: Tight end (New England Patriots).
- Michael Bartrum: American football player, a tight-end first signed by the Kansas City Chiefs as a non-drafted free agent on 5/05/1993.
- Rich Manning: American basketball player: center, Clippers
- Acie Earl: American basketball player: forward/center, Bucks
- Yann Tiersen: French musician, with Belgian and Norwegian origins, he grew up in Rennes, other part of Brittany. Known for using a large variety of instruments, he composed the soundrack of the famous movie "Amelie". He lived with the Belgian actress Natacha Régnier (a daughter, Lise, born in 2002).
- DJ Perry: Movie Actor
- Robert Brooks: NFL wide reciever (Green Bay Packers - Super Bowl 31)
- Martin Deschamps: Canadian singer-songwriter (Offenbach)
- Christian Meier: Peruvian actor and singer
- Roscoe Turner: American aviator (Born 1895).
- Red Skelton Show, last airs on CBS-TV, moved to NBC-TV
- Rocker Chubby Checker arrested for marijuana possession
- Charles Rangel defeats Adam Clayton Powell in Democratic primary.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Jackson 5 - The Love You Save
- Three Dog Night - Mama Told Me (Not To Come)
- The Temptations - Ball Of Confusion (That's What The World Is Today)
- The Beatles - The Long And Winding Road
- Vanity Fare - Hitchin' A Ride
- Blues Image - Ride Captain Ride
- Rare Earth - Get Ready
- Melanie - Lay Down (Candles In The Rain)
- Elvis Presley - The Wonder Of You
- The Poppy Family - Which Way You Goin' Billy?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?