Saturday 18 October 2003
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Baby Boy by Beyonce.
In UK Where Is The Love? by The Black Eyed Peas was in the top 5 hits.
Scary Movie 3, directed by David Zucker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The Great Unraveling by Paul Krugman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Anders och Måns.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing American Conquest or Cyberchase: Carnival Chaos.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 2003!
Which were the important events of 18 October 2003 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 October
- Bolivian Gas War: President Gonzalo Sanchez de Lozada, is forced to resign and leave Bolivia.
- Asia – International relations: Leaders of Pacific-rim nations gather in Bangkok ahead of the 11th Asian Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) conference. President George W. Bush arrives in Thailand ahead of an APEC summit of 21 Asia-Pacific government leaders which is likely to be dominated by discussions of the War on Terrorism and trade friction between rich and poor nations (trade and currency).
- Middle East: New audio tapes, allegedly from Osama bin Laden, air on the Al Jazeera network.
- occupation of Iraq: Spain's government, one of the staunchest supporters of the attack on Iraq, has pledged over several years toward Iraqi reconstruction.
- Petroleum: Zimbabwe's state oil corporation is reported to have run out of fuel, aggravating the continuing acute fuel crisis.
- Natural disaster: Officials declare a state of emergency due to severe flooding in Squamish, British Columbia. Parts of the town are evacuated.
- Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chrétien, visiting Afghanistan's President Hamid Karzai, is whisked out of Kabul owing to reports of a rocket attack. The reports turn out to be unfounded.
- Kosovo: First death of forced starvation in Europe for the last 50 years. Zhivorad Velikinac (age 65) from Urosevac died in hospital in Kosovska Mitrovica after not eating for more than a month – he was disabled and not able to get out of his apartment on his own, his Albanian neighbours were threatened not to bring him food anymore, and other Serbs were too afraid to visit him.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 18 October 2003
Serie AItalian Football
- Ancona - Juventus : 2 - 3
- Brescia - Inter : 2 - 2
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Bergen - Antwerp : 1 - 0
- Club Brugge - Westerlo : 4 - 0
- Germinal - Beveren : 2 - 1
- Lokeren - Heusden Zolder : 3 - 0
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Dortmund - Hannover : 6 - 2
- FC Koln - Freiburg : 1 - 0
- Hertha - Leverkusen : 1 - 4
- M'gladbach - Bayern Munich : 0 - 0
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Albacete - Sociedad : 3 - 1
- Barcelona - La Coruna : 0 - 2
- Celta - Real Madrid : 0 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?