Wednesday 19 August 1981
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nick Kennedy and Percy Watson.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Endless Love by Diana Ross.
In UK Green Door by Shakin' Stevens was in the top 5 hits.
An American Werewolf in London, directed by John Landis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Noble House by James Clavell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Now Get Out of That.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ghost Town or Madness and the Minotaur.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1981!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1981 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
Famous Birthdays:19 August
- Jessie Matthews: London, England -- Actress (Gangway, First a Girl).
- 2 US Navy F-14 jet fighters shoot down 2 Soviet-built Libyan SU-22
- U.S. President Ronald Reagan appoints Sandra Day O'Connor as a US Supreme Court Justice.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 August 1981
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Endless Love
- Joey Scarbury - Theme From The Greatest American Hero (Believe It Or Not)
- Kenny Rogers - I Don't Need You
- Pointer Sisters - Slow Hand
- Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl
- Stevie Nicks - Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
- The Manhattan Transfer - Boy From New York City
- Juice Newton - Queen Of Hearts
- Ronnie Milsap - (There's) No Gettin' Over Me
- Commodores - Lady (You Bring Me Up)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?