Friday 21 August 1981
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Collie Buddz and Tarek Moussa.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Endless Love by Diana Ross.
In UK Green Door by Shakin' Stevens was in the top 5 hits.
Gallipoli, directed by Peter Weir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while The Cinderella Complex by Colette Dowling was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Now Get Out of That.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Vanguard or Sky Skipper.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1981!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1981 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- Collie Buddz: (Colin Harper) Reggae & Dancehall artist.
- Tarek Moussa: Reality Star.
- Jarrod Lyle: Australian golfer.
- Cameron Winklevoss: American rower and businessman co-founded ConnectU.
- Tyler Winklevoss: American rower and businessman co-founded ConnectU.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Endless Love
- Joey Scarbury - Theme From The Greatest American Hero (Believe It Or Not)
- Kenny Rogers - I Don't Need You
- Pointer Sisters - Slow Hand
- Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl
- Stevie Nicks - Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
- The Manhattan Transfer - Boy From New York City
- Juice Newton - Queen Of Hearts
- Ronnie Milsap - (There's) No Gettin' Over Me
- Commodores - Lady (You Bring Me Up)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?