Saturday August 15, 1981US date format: 8/15/1981, UK date format: 15/8/1981
This day in 30 sec.
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 15, 1981). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brendan Hansen and Lee Sang-yoon.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Endless Love by Diana Ross.
In UK Green Door by Shakin' Stevens was in the top 5 hits.
Body Heat, directed by Lawrence Kasdan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while The Glitter Dome by Joseph Wambaugh was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Now Get Out of That.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacechase or Mario.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 August 1981
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1981!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1981 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
- Brendan Hansen: American swimmer.
- Lee Sang-yoon
- Ray William Johnson: Actor.
- Oliver Perez: American baseball player.
- Song Ji-hyo: TV Actress.
- Óliver Pérez: American baseball player.
- Botham scores a century in 86 balls vs. Australia at Old Trafford
- Robin Leamy of US swims record 7.98 km/h for 50 m
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Endless Love
- Joey Scarbury - Theme From The Greatest American Hero (Believe It Or Not)
- Kenny Rogers - I Don't Need You
- Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl
- Oak Ridge Boys - Elvira
- Pointer Sisters - Slow Hand
- The Manhattan Transfer - Boy From New York City
- Marty Balin - Hearts
- Juice Newton - Queen Of Hearts
- Ronnie Milsap - (There's) No Gettin' Over Me
Top #10 R&B songs
- Evelyn King - I'm In Love
- Stacy Lattisaw - Love On A Two Way Street
- Teena Marie - Square Biz
- Diana Ross & Lionel Richie - Endless Love
- Cheryl Lynn - Shake It Up Tonight
- Larry Graham - Just Be My Lady
- Commodores - Lady (You Bring Me Up)
- Frankie Smith - Double Dutch Bus
- Carl Carlton - She's A Bad Mama Jama (She's Built, She's Stacked)
- Billy Ocean - Night
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?