Monday 19 October 1964
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Webster Slaughter and Jorge Luis Gonzales.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Do Wah Diddy Diddy by Manfred Mann.
In UK Oh Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison was in the top 5 hits.
My Fair Lady, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching That Regis Philbin Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1964!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1964 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Webster Slaughter: NFL wide receiver (KC Chiefs).
- Jorge Luis Gonzales: Cuban-born American boxer.
- Agnès Jaoui: French screenwriter, film director, and actress-singer, of Tunisian Jewish descent.
- Manuel Legris: Frenchd dancer and choreographer, named "danseur étoile" by Rudolf Nureyev in 1986.
- Ty Pennington: Reality Star.
- Jorge González: Cuban-American boxer
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 October 1964
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Manfred Mann - Do Wah Diddy Diddy
- Martha & the Vandellas - Dancing In The Street
- J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers - Last Kiss
- Gale Garnett - We'll Sing In The Sunshine
- Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman
- The Supremes - Baby Love
- Chad Stuart and Jeremy Clyde - A Summer Song
- Betty Everett - Let It Be Me
- The Beach Boys - When I Grow Up (To Be A Man)
- The Honeycombs - Have I The Right?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?