Sunday 25 October 1964
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barb Broen-Ouellette and Johan de Kock.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Do Wah Diddy Diddy by Manfred Mann.
In UK Oh Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison was in the top 5 hits.
The Naked Kiss, directed by Samuel Fuller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while A Tribute To John F. Kennedy by Pierre Salinger and Sander Vanocur was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Paul Klinger erzählt abenteuerliche Geschichten.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1964!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1964 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Barb Broen-Ouellette: Edmonton, Alberta -- Volleyballer (1996 Olympics).
- Johan de Kock: Dutch soccer player (Roda JC).
- Melinda McGraw: Nicosa, Cyprus -- Actress (Macenzie-Pursuit Of Happiness).
- Nick Thorp: Rocker.
- Pat Swilling: NFL defensive end / linebacker (Oakland Raiders).
- Kevin Michael Richardson: American actor
- Nicole Hohloch: German singer, stage name: Nicole.
- Dan Mathews: American global animal rights activist, notable vegetarian, and openly gay media figure. A dedicated animal-rights activist known for his radical press statements in the name of animal liberation, media-savvy Dan Mathews established himself as the Director of International Campaigns for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), after volunteering for the fledgling group as an organizer of colorful political campaigns.
- Nathalie Simon: French TV host. With her husband she founded ‘’Sport Away," 1994, featuring holiday resorts that offer water sports facilities. She promotes her sportswear brand of bathing suits. Simon has been the noted winner of surfboard competitions, taking second place at the Indoor '95.
- Nicole : German singer
- Michael Boatman: American actor
- Kevin Richardson: American voice actor and singer
- Belle Montrose: Actress (Mrs Harrison-Hathaways), dies at 78.
- Anton Geesink is 1st non-Japanese Olympic judo gold medal winner
- Viking Jim Marshall runs 66 yards in wrong direction for a safety
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Manfred Mann - Do Wah Diddy Diddy
- Martha & the Vandellas - Dancing In The Street
- J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers - Last Kiss
- Gale Garnett - We'll Sing In The Sunshine
- Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman
- The Supremes - Baby Love
- Chad Stuart and Jeremy Clyde - A Summer Song
- Betty Everett - Let It Be Me
- The Beach Boys - When I Grow Up (To Be A Man)
- The Honeycombs - Have I The Right?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?