Wednesday 20 May 1959
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Greene in Brooklyn and Bronson Pinchot in New York City.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Kansas City by Wilbert Harrison.
In UK A Fool Such As I / I Need Your Love Tonight by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
while Elizabeth The Great by Elizabeth Jenkins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Markham.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 1959!
Which were the important events of 20 May 1959 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
- Peter Greene in Brooklyn: New York, USA; producer (After Midnight).
- Bronson Pinchot in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Perfect Strangers, Beverly Hills Cop).
- Israel Kamakawiwo'ole: Hawaiian singer (d. 1997).
- Daniel Darc: French singer of the "after punk" and new wave band "Taxi Girl".
- Israel Kamakawiwoʻole: Folk Singer.
- Susan Cowsill: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Cowsills and Continental Drifters)
- Annabel Giles: Welsh-English radio and television host
- Bronson Pinchot: American actor and singer
- Alfred Schutz: Austrian/US architect/philosopher, dies at age 60.
- Shah of Persia visits Netherlands
- Yanks sink to last place, 1st time since May 25, 1940
- Ford wins battle with Chrysler to call its new car "Falcon".
- Japanese-Americans regain their citizenship.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wilbert Harrison - Kansas City
- The Impalas - Sorry (I Ran All The Way Home)
- Dave Baby Cortez - The Happy Organ
- Edward Byrnes - Kookie, Kookie (Lend Me Your Comb)
- Dion and the Belmonts - A Teenager In Love
- Bobby Darin - Dream Lover
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Martin Denny - Quiet Village
- Fabian - Turn Me Loose
- Dodie Stevens - Pink Shoe Laces
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?