Thursday October 20, 2005
US date format: 10/20/2005, UK date format: 20/10/2005
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see zodiac on October 20, 2005). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Gold Digger by Kanye West.
In UK Push The Button by Sugababes was in the top 5 hits.
Jarhead, directed by Sam Mendes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2005
while Life Is Not A Fairy Tale by Fantasia was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Alborada.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lego Star Wars: The Video Game or Bionicle: Maze of Shadows.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 20, 2005?
- October 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day - the B�b
- French Republican Calendar - Orge (Barley) Day, twenty-ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In a bid to stay in step with its largest trading partner, the United States, Ontario announces it will become the first Canadian province to extend daylight saving time. (CBC)
- Two weeks after the Kashmir earthquake death toll reaches 79,000, the UN estimates that 500,000 people are cut off from relief aid. The UN appeals to the international community for more aid, warning that tens of thousands of people could die if aid does not reach them before the harsh winter. (Guardian) (USA Today)
- In the United Kingdom, David Cameron and David Davis go through to a runoff vote of Conservative Party members after a second round of voting amongst Tory MPs in the party's leadership election. Liam Fox is eliminated. (BBC)
- Conflict in Iraq:: Four U.S. soldiers are killed in two insurgent attacks north of Baghdad, Iraq. (BBC)A defense lawyer for one of Saddam Hussein's co-defendants is kidnapped. (BBC)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 20, 2005?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #4 songs in the UK
Top #5 R&B songs
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Who Runs J.P. Morgan? James Dimon will succeed William B. Harrison Jr. as chief executive of J.P. Morgan Chase, inheriting all the pressure to produce results that the new title entails. [..]
- See all financial news of October 20th, 2005
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $57.00
- Apple AAPL: opens at $54.47
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $25.05
- General Electric GE: opens at $34.46
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $84.00
- 1 USD = 115.31 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.1772 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.2876 CHF
- 1 EUR = 138.57 JPY
- 1 EUR = 0.6772 GBP
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on October 20, 2005?
On October 20, 2005 the day of the week was Thursday.
What zodiac sign is October 20, 2005?
On October 20, 2005 the zodiac sign was Libra.
Who was the US President on October 20, 2005?
On October 20, 2005 the US President was George W. Bush (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on October 20, 2005?
On October 20, 2005 the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour).
Who was the Pope on October 20, 2005?
On October 20, 2005 Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
What was the number one song in October 20, 2005?
The number one song in the week of October 20, 2005 was Gold Digger by Kanye West in US and Push The Button by Sugababes in UK.
What were the top hits on October 20, 2005?
The top hits on October 20, 2005 were Gold Digger by Kanye West, Photograph by Nickelback, Shake It Off by Mariah Carey in US and Push The Button by Sugababes, Don't Cha by The Pussycat Dolls featuring Busta Rhymes in UK.