Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened throughout history on April 22. From 1900 until now.
April 22 is under the sign of Taurus.
Famous birthdays on this day include Jack Nicholson (1937), Amber Heard (1986) and Nicole Garcia (1946).
Several movies were released around April 22 over the years, such as Citizen Kane in 1941 directed by Orson Welles and Yojimbo in 1961 directed by Akira Kurosawa.
But much more happened on April 22 over the years: find out below
Which were the most popular Movies released around April 22 over the years?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the important events of April 22?
- 2019 2019 Luzon earthquake: Sixteen people are killed when a magnitude 6.1 earthquake strikes the municipalities of Porac and Lubao, Pampanga province, Philippines at 17:11 Philippine Standard Time. (The Manila Times)According to PHIVOLCS, the epicenter of the earthquake is located 18 kilometres (11 mi) northeast of Castillejos, Zambales. PHIVOLCS originally records the earthquake, which is tectonic in origin, at magnitude 5.7, but later upgrades it to 6.1. (GMA News)
- 2018 2018 Gaza border protests: Rival Hamas and Fatah members clash in the Gaza Strip at a tent set up by the family of Mohammed Ayoub, 14, to receive condolences on his death in the protests. Hamas later dismantles the tent and orders all present to leave. (The Times of Israel)
- 2017 Pope Francis, while honoring Christians killed under Nazism, communism, dictatorships, and terrorism at Rome's Basilica of St. Bartholomew, adds to those named the wife of a Muslim he met in Lesbos, Greece, who was killed by terrorists because she wouldn't throw down her crucifix. Francis referred to the Lesbos camp as a 'concentration camp' noting, despite the good will of local communities, many refugee camps are overcrowded and little more than prisons. (Reuters) (Catholic News Service)
- 2016 Moro conflict: The U.K. Foreign Office and the U.S. State Department issue travel advisories regarding the Philippine island of Mindanao and the Sulu Archipelago after a recent kidnapping near Davao City. (Sun Star Cebu),(Rappler)
- See more
American actor and recognized major star...
French film and theater actor, born in a...
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 22 over the years?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- 2017 Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You
- 2016 Rihanna Featuring Drake - Work
- 2015 Mark Ronson Featuring Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk!
- 2014 Pharrell Williams - Happy
- 2013 Bruno Mars - When I Was Your Man
- 2012 Fun. - We Are Young
- 2011 Katy Perry - E.T.
- 2010 Rihanna - Rude Boy
- 2009 The Black Eyed Peas - Boom Boom Pow
- 2008 Mariah Carey - Touch My Body
- See more
Top #1 Rock songs
Which were the most popular books released around April 22 over the years?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
This day over the years in 30 sec.
For more videos please visit our official youtube channel