Saturday 22 March 1958
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joyce Lester and Pete Wylie in Liverpool.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Tequila by The Champs.
In UK Magic Moments by Perry Como was in the top 5 hits.
Run Silent Run Deep, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stahlnetz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1958!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1958 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Joyce Lester: Australian softball catcher (1996 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Pete Wylie in Liverpool: England; rocker (Sinful).
- Astrid Joosten: Dutch television host, writer and actress.
- Daniel Lorey: American pro astrologer on Long Island, NY, the author of "The Wildman, The Earth and the Stars," 1994.
- Wayne Bloom: American wrestler.
- Laurie David: American blogger activist and producer
- Pete Wylie: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Crucial Three and The Spitfire Boys)
- Faisal succeeds Saudi as king of Saudi-Arabia.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 March 1958
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Champs - Tequila
- Chuck Berry - Sweet Little Sixteen
- Elvis Presley - Don't
- The Four Preps - 26 Miles (Santa Catalina)
- The Crescendos - Oh Julie
- Connie Francis - Who's Sorry Now
- The Silhouettes - Get A Job
- The Walk - Jimmie McCracklin
- The McGuire Sisters - Sugartime
- Perry Como - Catch A Falling Star
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?