Sunday 23 March 1958
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Serena Grandi [Fagioli] and Bengt-Ake Gustafsson.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Tequila by The Champs.
In UK Magic Moments by Perry Como was in the top 5 hits.
Run Silent Run Deep, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stahlnetz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1958!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1958 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Serena Grandi [Fagioli]: Bologna, Italy -- Actress (Miranda).
- Bengt-Ake Gustafsson: Swedish ice hockey player and coach.
- El Duce: American singer and drummer (The Mentors) (d. 1997).
- Etienne De Wilde: Dutch cyclist who raced in the Atlanta Olympics 1996, placed 24th in the race-to-points.
- Bengt-Åke Gustafsson: Swedish ice hockey player and coach.
- Eldon Hoke: American drummer and singer (The Mentors and The Screamers) (d. 1997)
- Michael Sorich: American voice actor director and screenwriter
- Hugh Grant: Scotland-born business executive
- Florian Znaniecki: Polish/US sociologist/philosopher, dies at age 76.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 March 1958
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Champs - Tequila
- Chuck Berry - Sweet Little Sixteen
- Elvis Presley - Don't
- The Four Preps - 26 Miles (Santa Catalina)
- The Crescendos - Oh Julie
- Connie Francis - Who's Sorry Now
- The Silhouettes - Get A Job
- The Walk - Jimmie McCracklin
- The McGuire Sisters - Sugartime
- Perry Como - Catch A Falling Star
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?