Friday 28 March 1958
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Curt Hennig and Arto Nyqvist.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Tequila by The Champs.
In UK Magic Moments by Perry Como was in the top 5 hits.
The Long, Hot Summer, directed by Martin Ritt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Time And The Hour by Howard Spring was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stahlnetz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 March 1958!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 28 March 1958 ?
- Saint Sixtus III
- Slovakia, Czech Republic - Teachers' Day.
- Saint Castor
- Saint Gontram (died 592)
- Saint Malchus
- Saint Priscus
- Curt Hennig: American professional wrestler (Born 1959).
- Arto Nyqvist: Finnish motorcycle racer, daredevil.
- Brickhouse Brown: American wrestler.
- Bart Conner: American gymnast and sportscaster.
- Lou Franceschetti: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Edesio Alejandro: Cuban music composer.
- Bart Wayne Conner: Morton Grove, Illinois -- Gymnist (1984 Olympics - 2 Gold Medals).
- W[illiam] C[hristopher] Handy, US conductor/composer (Saint Louis Blues), dies at age 84.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Champs - Tequila
- Chuck Berry - Sweet Little Sixteen
- The Chordettes - Lollipop
- Connie Francis - Who's Sorry Now
- The Four Preps - 26 Miles (Santa Catalina)
- The Crescendos - Oh Julie
- John Zacherle - Dinner With Drac Part 1
- Elvis Presley - Don't
- Billy Vaughn and His Orchestra - Sail Along Silvery Moon
- Perry Como - Catch A Falling Star
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?