Monday 14 September 1908
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 14, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cecil Smith (figure skater) and Bernie Green.
Stung, directed by Benni Diez, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 September 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1908!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1908 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Cecil Smith (figure skater)
- Bernie Green: NYC, New York -- Orchestra leader (Arthur Godfrey Show, Garry Moore Show).
- Clayton Moore: Chicago, Illinois -- Actor (Lone Ranger).
- Kenneth Murray: American pilot who spun to his death in a crash while performing as a stunt pilot over a crowd on 6/13/1931 when a wing of his plane fell off.