Saturday 23 December 1978
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jodie Marsh and Victor Martinez.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Le Freak by Chic.
In UK Mary's Boy Child by Boney M was in the top 5 hits.
Invasion of the Body Snatchers, directed by Philip Kaufman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while War And Remembrance by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jim Knopf und die wilde 13.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing MUD1 or Blasto.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1978!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1978 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Jodie Marsh: British glamour model.
- Victor Martinez: Venezuelan baseball player.
- Estella Warren: Canadian model and actress.
- Esthero : Canadian-American singer-songwriter and producer.
- Andra Davis: American football player.
- Islanders scored 7 goals in 1 period against New York Rangers, Trottier scores 8 points vs. Rangers, 5 goals-NHL record 6 pts in 1 period
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 December 1978
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Chic - Le Freak
- Bee Gees - Too Much Heaven
- Barbra & Neil - You Don't Bring Me Flowers
- Billy Joel - My Life
- Alicia Bridges - I Love The Nightlife (Disco Round)
- Gino Vannelli - I Just Wanna Stop
- Dr. Hook - Sharing The Night Together
- Village People - Y.M.C.A.
- Andy Gibb - (Our Love) Don't Throw It All Away
- Toto - Hold The Line
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?