Thursday 28 December 1978
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Legend and Aisleyne Horgan-Wallace.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Le Freak by Chic.
In UK Mull Of Kintyre / Girl's School by Wings was in the top 5 hits.
Invasion of the Body Snatchers, directed by Philip Kaufman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while The Empty Copper Sea by John D. MacDonald was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Great Egg Race.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Slot Racers or Pirate Adventure.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1978!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 28 December 1978 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- John Legend: R&B Singer.
- Aisleyne Horgan-Wallace: English model actress and fashion designer.
- Chris Coyne: Australian footballer and manager.
- Jang Min-hyeok: South Korean voice actor.
- Özgü Namal: Turkish singer-songwriter and actress.
- Harry Winston: US jeweler for the "rich and famous", dies at age 82.
- 30th hat trick in New York Islanders' history (Mike Bossy).
- With the crew investigating a problem with the landing gear, United Airlines Flight 173 runs out of fuel and crashes in Portland, Oregon, killing 10. As a result, United Airlines instituted the industry's first crew resource management program.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Chic - Le Freak
- Bee Gees - Too Much Heaven
- Barbra & Neil - You Don't Bring Me Flowers
- Billy Joel - My Life
- Alicia Bridges - I Love The Nightlife (Disco Round)
- Gino Vannelli - I Just Wanna Stop
- Dr. Hook - Sharing The Night Together
- Village People - Y.M.C.A.
- Andy Gibb - (Our Love) Don't Throw It All Away
- Toto - Hold The Line
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Wings - Mull Of Kintyre / Girl's School
- Boney M - Mary's Boy Child
- Rod Stewart - Da Ya Think I'm Sexy?
- The Brighouse & Rastrick Brass Band - Floral Dance
- The Village People - YMCA
- Donna Summer - Love's Unkind
- The Barron Knights - A Taste Of Aggro
- Bonnie Tyler - It's A Heartache
- Crystal Gayle - Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue
- The Bee Gees - Too Much Heaven
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?