Tuesday 23 September 1902
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 23, 1902). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marius Lepage and Victor Sartre.
A Trip to the Moon, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1902
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 September 1902
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1902!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1902 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Marius Lepage: French freemason and author of two books on the history of freemasonry.
- Victor Sartre: French Catholic bishop, a prominent figure in the history of the Church of Madagascar.
- Su Buqing: Chinese mathematician and educator (Born 1902).
- John Wesley Powell: US geologist (Grand Canyon), dies at 68.