Sunday 14 September 1902
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 14, 1902). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Pasquier and Giorgos Papasideris.
A Trip to the Moon, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1902
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 September 1902
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1902!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1902 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Pierre Pasquier: Tours Musician.
- Giorgos Papasideris: Greek country singer , composer , lyricist (Born 1902).
- Alice Tully: American soprano and philanthropist (d. 1993).
- Reinhold Finsterbusch: Composer, dies at 76.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1902 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Bill Bailey, Won't You Please Come Home - Dan Quinn
- The Mansion of Aching Hearts - Harry Macdonough