Wednesday 23 September 1942
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 23, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sila Maria Calderon and David Stern.
Flying Tigers, directed by David Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 September 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1942!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1942 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- David Stern: Businessman.
- Sila Maria Calderon: Puerto Rican politician.
- Reg : American male prostitute, rape victim, sexual abuse victim, raped by stepfather 2-1954; sexually abused for several yrs; morphine at 17; street prostitute.
- Sila Calderón: Puerto Rican businesswoman and politician 12th Secretary of State of Puerto Rico.
- Colin Low: Baron Low of Dalston Scottish scholar and politician.
- Auschwitz begins experimental gassing executions
- Russian counter offensive at Stalingrad
- World War II: First day of the September Matanikau action on Guadalcanal as United States Marine Corps forces attack Imperial Japanese Army units along the Matanikau River.