Monday 1 September 1902
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John J Anthony and Kazimierz Dabrowski.
A Trip to the Moon, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1902
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 September 1902
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1902!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1902 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- John J Anthony
- Kazimierz Dabrowski: Polish psychiatrist, psychologist(d. 1980).
- John Anthony: American radio personality who, as the "question and answer" man broadcaster, offered advice on marital problems to mills of listeners.
- Kazimierz Dąbrowski: Polish psychiatrist and psychologist (d. 1980).
- Tinker, Evers, and Chance appear together for 1st time
- A Trip to the Moon, considered one of the first science fiction films, is released in France.