Monday 1 September 1902
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 1, 1902). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John J Anthony and Kazimierz Dabrowski.
A Trip to the Moon, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1902
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 September 1902
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1902!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1902 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- John J Anthony
- Kazimierz Dabrowski: Polish psychiatrist, psychologist(d. 1980).
- John Anthony: American radio personality who, as the "question and answer" man broadcaster, offered advice on marital problems to mills of listeners.
- Kazimierz Dąbrowski: Polish psychiatrist and psychologist (d. 1980).
- Tinker, Evers, and Chance appear together for 1st time
- A Trip to the Moon, considered one of the first science fiction films, is released in France.