Tuesday December 24, 2019, Christmas Eve
US date format: 12/24/2019, UK date format: 24/12/2019
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on December 24, 2019). The US president was Donald John Trump (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Boris Johnson (Conservative).
Watchmen, directed by Zack Snyder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2019
while The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse by Charlie Mackesy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Messiah.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of December 24, 2019?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next December 24If December 24, 2019 is your birthday you're 7 months, 18 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 4 months, 13 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- b'Boeing Can\xe2\x80\x99t Fly Its 737 Max, but It\xe2\x80\x99s Ready to Sell Its Safety' b'The company knows travelers are wary of its plane, so it has prepared presentations with strategies for airlines to help win back the public\xe2\x80\x99s trust.' [..]
- b'Congress Saves Coal Miner Pensions, but What About Others?' b'Lawmakers will use taxpayer money to fill a roughly $10 billion hole in the miners\xe2\x80\x99 doomed fund. But more plans face the same problems.' [..]
- See all financial news of December 24, 2019