Thursday January 24, 2019
US date format: 1/24/2019, UK date format: 24/1/2019
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on January 24, 2019). The US president was Donald John Trump (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Theresa May (Conservative).
Kung Fu Masters 3, directed by Chi Tian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2019
while It's Not Supposed to Be This Way by Lysa TerKeurst was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Russian Doll.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 24, 2019?
- Jim Ross Day - State of Oklahoma
- Roman Catholic Church - Feasts of St. Francis de Sales and Our Lady of Peace
- Roman Empire - first day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra
- The city of Adelaide, South Australia, reaches its highest maximum temperature since 1939, reaching 46.6 °C (115.9 °F) at around 3:36pm local time. This is the highest recorded temperature in any Australian state capital. The high temperatures have proven fatal for significant numbers of local animals. (BBC)
- Three people die due to the severe storms in the Spanish region of Asturias. (El País)
- 2018 Democratic Republic of the Congo general election: Félix Tshisekedi is sworn in as the 5th President of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, marking the first transition of power by an election in the country since it gained independence in 1960. (Al Jazeera)
- Félix Tshisekedi is sworn in as the 5th President of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, marking the first transition of power by an election in the country since it gained independence in 1960. (Al Jazeera)
- See more
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Another Loan? Furloughed Employees Balk at Wilbur Ross’s Suggestion Mr. Ross said workers should be able to take out loans to cover their bills because eventually they will receive back pay. [..]
- Are Electric Cars Only for the Rich? Sacramento Is Challenging That Notion With funding from a surprising source, Volkswagen, California is making sure low-income communities have the chance to gain access to electric vehicles. [..]
- See all financial news of January 24, 2019