Saturday 24 February 1968
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mitch Hedberg and Vaughn Booker.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu) by Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra.
In UK The Mighty Quinn by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
Five Million Years to Earth, directed by Roy Ward Baker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hauptstraße Glück.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 1968!
Which were the important events of 24 February 1968 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
- Mitch Hedberg: American comedian (d. 2005).
- Vaughn Booker: NFL defensive end (Kansas City Chiefs).
- Kendall Cross in Hardin: Montana, USA; 125.
- John Velddman: soccer player (Sparta).
- Darling of the Day closes at George Abbott NYC after 31 performances
- 1st pulsar discovered (CP 1919 by Jocelyn Burnell at Cambridge)
- Discovery of 1st pulsar announced
- Gary Unger begins NHL consecutive game record of 914 games
- Jocelyn Bell discovers 1st pulsar
- US troops reconquer Hue, Vietnam.
- Vietnam War: The Tet Offensive is halted; South Vietnam recaptures Hue.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 February 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra - Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu)
- Dionne Warwick - (Theme From) Valley Of The Dolls
- Classics IV - Spooky
- The Temptations - I Wish It Would Rain
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- 1910 Fruitgum Company - Simon Says
- The Lemon Pipers - Green Tambourine
- Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart - I Wonder What She's Doing Tonite
- Goin' Out Of My Head/Can't Take My Eyes Off You (Medley) - The Lettermen
- The Human Beinz - Nobody But Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?