Friday 24 October 1975
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Corey Dillon and Juan Pablo Angel.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Bad Blood by Neil Sedaka.
In UK Hold Me Close by David Essex was in the top 5 hits.
Rooster Cogburn, directed by Stuart Millar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while Ragtime by E. L. Doctorow was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pesma.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Destruction Derby or Pursuit.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1975!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1975 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Corey Dillon: HB (Cincinnati Bengals).
- Juan Pablo Angel: Colombian footballer.
- Juan Ángel: Colombian footballer.
- Frank Seator: Liberian footballer (d. 2013).
- Turkish diplomat shot dead in Paris
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 October 1975
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?