Friday October 10, 1975
US date format: 10/10/1975, UK date format: 10/10/1975
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 10, 1975). The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Harold Wilson (Labour), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Jacqueline Pirie and Lenn Kudrjawizki.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Bad Blood by Neil Sedaka.
In UK Hold Me Close by David Essex was in the top 5 hits.
Inn of the Damned, directed by Terry Bourke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while Shogun by James Clavell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Saturday Night Live.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Shark Jaws or Anti-Aircraft.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 10, 1975?
- Israel formally signs Sinai accord with Egypt.
- Papua New Guinea joins the United Nations.
- Lillian Walker: Dies at 88.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 10, 1975?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Natalie Cole - This Will Be
- The Spinners - They Just Can't Stop It the (Games People Play)
- Sly Stone - I Get High On You
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - Money
- B.T. Express - Give It What You Got/Peace Pipe
- Tavares - It Only Takes A Minute
- Joe Simon - Music In My Bones
- Faith, Hope And Charity - To Each His Own
- Smokey Robinson - The Agony And The Ecstasy
- Esther Phillips - What A Diff'rence A Day Makes
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next October 10If October 10, 1975 is your birthday you're 44 years, 11 months, 13 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 17 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?