Monday 27 October 1975
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lorant Deutsch and Aron Ralston.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Island Girl by Elton John.
In UK Hold Me Close by David Essex was in the top 5 hits.
Rooster Cogburn, directed by Stuart Millar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while The Greek Treasure by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sneak Previews.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Crash 'N Score or Destruction Derby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1975!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 27 October 1975 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Lorant Deutsch
- Aron Ralston: American hiker and mountain climber who severed his own arm in a Utah Canyon after a boulder fell on him, crushing his hand and forearm and pinning him down.
- Predrag Drobnjak: Montenegrin-American basketball player: center, Wizards.
- Kate Havnevik
- Elias Toufexis: Canadian actor.
- Emily John Orton: Creswell, Oregon -- Miss America (Oregon-2nd-1996).
- Lorànt Deutsch: French film and stage actor, and writer.
- Nicola Mazzucato: Italian rugby union player and coach.
- Rex Stout: American novelist best known for his mystery stories of "Nero Wolfe," the detective who generally solves crimes without leaving home.
- Covers of both Time and Newsweek picture rock singer Bruce Springsteen
- Robert Poulin kills 1 and wounds 5 at St. Pius X High School in Ottawa, Canada before shooting himself.
- Peter Sutcliffe (the ampquotYorkshire Ripperampquot) commits his first murder, that of Wilma McCann.
- Juan Carlos I of Spain becomes acting Head of State after dictator Francisco Franco concedes that he is too ill to govern.
- An independent audit of Mattel, one of the United States' largest toy manufacturers, reveals that company officials fabricated press releases and financial information to ampquotmaintain the appearance of continued corporate growth.ampquot
- The first petroleum pipeline opens from Cruden Bay to Grangemouth, Scotland.
- The long-running television game show ''The Price is Right'' expands from 30nbspminutes to its current hour-long format on CBS.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 27 October 1975
- Minnesota Vikings - Chicago Bears : 13 - 9
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?