Wednesday 24 September 1969
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Andrew Greene and Gene Hunt.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Sugar, Sugar by The Archies.
In UK Bad Moon Rising by Creedence Clearwater Revival was in the top 5 hits.
Astérix et Cléopâtre, directed by Ren Goscinny, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Then Came Bronson.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 September 1969!
Which were the important events of 24 September 1969 ?
- Andrew Greene: NFL guard (Miami Dolphins, Saskatchewan Roughriders).
- Gene Hunt: R&B musician (Acid Man).
- John Morton: WLAF WR (Frankfurt Galaxy).
- Paul Ray Smith: Medal of Honor recipient (d. 2003).
- Patrick Venerucci: Italian roller-skating world champion of dancing on skates.
- Shawn Crahan: American musician (Slipknot)
- Lisa Matthews: Peoria, Illinois -- Playmate (Apr, 1990)
- Christopher Pincher: English politician
- Shamim Sarif: English author director and screenwriter
- Paul Smith: American sergeant Medal of Honor recipient (d. 2003)
- DeVante Swing: American singer-songwriter and producer (Jodeci)
- Goya Toledo: Spanish model and actress
- Megan Ward: Los Angeles, California -- Actress (Kimberly Sayers-Dark Skies)
- 1st Elvis convention, 2500 fans attend in Cincinnati
- New York Mets clinch NL East pennant
- Ton Duc Thang elected President of North Vietnam
- Trial of Chicago 8 (protesters at Democratic National Convention) begins
- The ''Chicago Eight'' trial begins in Chicago, Illinois.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 September 1969
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Archies - Sugar, Sugar
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River
- The Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women
- Three Dog Night - Easy To Be Hard
- Bobby Sherman - Little Woman
- The Temptations - I Can't Get Next To You
- Oliver - Jean
- Tom Jones - I'll Never Fall In Love Again
- Sly & the Family Stone - Hot Fun In The Summertime
- The Dells - Oh, What A Night
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?