Sunday 21 September 1969
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lia Biehl and Randal Hill.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Sugar, Sugar by The Archies.
In UK Bad Moon Rising by Creedence Clearwater Revival was in the top 5 hits.
Astérix et Cléopâtre, directed by Ren Goscinny, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Andromeda Strain by Michael Crichton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Then Came Bronson.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1969!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1969 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Lia Biehl: LPGA golfer.
- Randal Hill: NFL wide receiver (Miami Dolphins).
- Anne Burrell: Chef.
- Jason Christiansen: Omaha, Nebraska -- Pitcher (Pittsburgh Pirates).
- Curtis Leschyshyn: Canadian ice hockey player and sportscaster.
- 58th Davis Cup: USA beats Romania in Cleveland (5-0)
- Donna Caponi Young wins LPGA Lincoln-Mercury Golf Open
- Ron Hill wins European marathon (2:16:47.8)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Archies - Sugar, Sugar
- The Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River
- Johnny Cash - A Boy Named Sue
- Three Dog Night - Easy To Be Hard
- Tom Jones - I'll Never Fall In Love Again
- The Youngbloods - Get Together
- Oliver - Jean
- Bobby Sherman - Little Woman
- The Temptations - I Can't Get Next To You
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 21 September 1969
- Chicago Bears - Green Bay Packers : 0 - 17
- Cleveland Browns - Philadelphia Eagles : 27 - 20
- Detroit Lions - Pittsburgh Steelers : 13 - 16
- Los Angeles Rams - Baltimore Colts : 27 - 20
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?