Thursday 25 September 1969
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Weathers and Michae Wright.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Sugar, Sugar by The Archies.
In UK Bad Moon Rising by Creedence Clearwater Revival was in the top 5 hits.
Astérix et Cléopâtre, directed by Ren Goscinny, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Goodbye Look by Ross MacDonald was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Then Came Bronson.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 September 1969!
Which were the important events of 25 September 1969 ?
- Also see September 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Virgin of Fuencisla; Saint Finbarr
- Mozambique - Armed Forces Day
- French Republican Calendar - Colchique (Crocus) Day, fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- David Weathers: Lawrencburg, Tennessee -- Pitcher (Florida Marlins, New York Yankees).
- Michae Wright: WLAF cornerback (Barcelona Dragons).
- Hansie Cronje: South African cricketer and captain of the South African national cricket team in the 1990s.
- Catherine Zeta-Jones: Welsh actress, confident and fun-loving, unpretentious and often found humming happily.
- Hal Sparks: American actor.
- Bill Simmons: American journalist and author
- Heather Stewart-Whyte: British supermodel
- : American guitarist songwriter and producer (Guns N' Roses and Art of Anarchy)
- Tony Womack: American baseball player
- Organisation of the Islamic Conference founded.
- The Beatles release their ''Abbey Road'' album, receiving critical praise and enormous commercial success.
- ''The Brady Bunch'' premieres on ABC.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Archies - Sugar, Sugar
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River
- The Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women
- Three Dog Night - Easy To Be Hard
- Bobby Sherman - Little Woman
- The Temptations - I Can't Get Next To You
- Oliver - Jean
- Tom Jones - I'll Never Fall In Love Again
- Sly & the Family Stone - Hot Fun In The Summertime
- The Dells - Oh, What A Night
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?