Thursday 27 April 1967
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bridgette Gordon and Willem-Alexander CGF.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Somethin' Stupid by Nancy Sinatra.
In UK Somethin' Stupid by Nancy Sinatra & Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Two for the Road, directed by Stanley Donen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Jury Returns by Louis Nizer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kommissar Brahm.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 April 1967!
Which were the important events of 27 April 1967 ?
- Saint Liberalis
- Saint Mariana
- Saint Floribert
- Rochester, NY: Al Franken Day.
- Catalonia: Montserrat's Day (see Montserrat).
- South Africa: Freedom day.
- Slovenia: Day of Uprising Against Occupation.
- Saint Zita Lombardo
- Bridgette Gordon: WNBA forward (Sacramento Monarchs, Olympics - Gold - 88).
- Willem-Alexander CGF: Dutch crown Prince / Son of Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands.
- Erik Thomson: Scottish-born Australian actor known for playing Hades in the television series "Hercules: The Legendary Journeys," Dr. Mitch Stevens in "All Saints" and Dave Rafter in "Packed to the Rafters.
- Willem-Alexander : Dutch royalty, the first born son of Queen Beatrix and Prince-consort Claus von Amsberg.
- Aki Avni: Israeli entertainer.
- Willem-Alexander of: Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands
- Tommy Smith: Scottish saxophonist composer and educator
- Jason Whitlock: American football player and journalist
- William Douglas Cook: founder of Eastwoodhill Arboretum and Pukeiti, (New Zealand) (Born 1884).
- Rocky Marciano retires as undefeated boxing champ
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
- Expo 67 officially opens in Montreal, Canada with a large opening ceremony broadcast around the world. It opens to the public the next day.
- In Houston, Texas, boxer Muhammad Ali refuses military service.
- Expo 67 opens to the public, with over 310,000 people attending. Al Carter from Chicago is the first visitor as noted by Expo officials.
- The U.S. aerospace manufacturer McDonnell Douglas is formed through a merger of McDonnell Aircraft and Douglas Aircraft. (becomes part of The Boeing Company three decades later)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Nancy Sinatra - Somethin' Stupid
- The Monkees - A Little Bit Me, A Little Bit You
- The Turtles - Happy Together
- Arthur Conley - Sweet Soul Music
- Tommy James and the Shondells - I Think We're Alone Now
- The Five Americans - Western Union
- Petula Clark - This Is My Song
- The Supremes - The Happening
- Four Tops - Bernadette
- Martha & the Vandellas - Jimmy Mack
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?