Friday 14 April 1967
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Steve Chiasson in Barrie and Jeff Finley in Edmonton.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Somethin' Stupid by Nancy Sinatra.
In UK Somethin' Stupid by Nancy Sinatra & Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Casino Royale, directed by Val Guest, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Death Of A President by William Manchester was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Signé alouette.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1967!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1967 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Steve Chiasson in Barrie: Ontario, Canada; NHL defenseman (Calgary Flames).
- Jeff Finley in Edmonton: Alberta, Canada; NHL defenseman (Winnipeg Jets).
- Barret Martin: rocker (Screaming Trees).
- Marla Wynne in Easton: Pennsylvania, USA; Miss Pennsylvania-America (1991) (top 10).
- Alain Cote: French Canadian ice hockey player.
- Nicola Berti: Italian soccer/football player, he played for Parma (1982–1985), Fiorentina (1985–1988), Internazionale (1988–1998), Tottenham Hotspur (1998–1999), Alavés (1999–2001), and Northern Spirit (2001-2002), and the the Italian national team from 1988 to 1995.
- Michaela Heintzinger: Austrian professional dancer and dance teacher. She participated in several seasons of the TV show Dancing Stars. In 2005 she had an affair with her TV dance partner, football star Toni Polster, who was married and went later through a difficult divorce with wide media publicity.
- Mike Trombley: American baseball player, a pitcher for the Minnesota Twins. Trombley was originally signed by the Twins on 6/05/1989 after being selected in the 14th round of the free-agent draft.
- Julia Zemiro: Australian television presenter, radio host, actor, singer and comedian. Zemiro's father Claude was a French waiter and cook, and her Australian mother Jane was a teacher from Queensland. In 1970, she moved to Australia at the age of two and a half. She studied for a Bachelor of Arts at the University of Sydney, and was accepted into the Victorian College of the Arts Drama School before completing her final year.
- Steve Chiasson: Canadian ice hockey player (Born 1967)
- Alain Côté: Canadian ice hockey player
- Barrett Martin: American drummer songwriter and producer (Mad Season Screaming Trees Skin Yard and Tuatara)
- Gen Gnassingbe Eyadema becomes President of Togo
- Red Sox rookie Billy Rohome comes within 1 strike of a no hitter at
- Yankee Stadium, Elston Howard singles on a 3-2 pitch
- In the Vietnam War, US planes bomb Haiphong for first time.
- Gnassingbe Eyadema overthrows President of Togo Nicolas Grunitzky and installs himself as the new president, a title he would hold for the next 38 years.
- In San Francisco, 10,000 march against the Vietnam War.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Nancy Sinatra - Somethin' Stupid
- The Turtles - Happy Together
- Petula Clark - This Is My Song
- Four Tops - Bernadette
- The Monkees - A Little Bit Me, A Little Bit You
- The Five Americans - Western Union
- Tommy James and the Shondells - I Think We're Alone Now
- The Mama's & The Papa's - Dedicated To The One I Love
- Aretha Franklin - I Never Loved A Man (The Way I Love You)
- Martha & the Vandellas - Jimmy Mack
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?