Friday 28 April 1967
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Monique Noel and Pete Stoyanovich NFL kicker (Miami Dolphins.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Somethin' Stupid by Nancy Sinatra.
In UK Somethin' Stupid by Nancy Sinatra & Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Two for the Road, directed by Stanley Donen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while Due To Circumstances Beyond Our Control by Fred W. Friendly was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kommissar Brahm.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1967!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1967 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Monique Noel: Salem, Oregon -- Playmate (May, 1989).
- Pete Stoyanovich NFL kicker (Miami Dolphins: Kansas City Chiefs).
- Michel Andrieux: French athlete, a rower who won a Bronze Medal in coxless pairs with J.C.
- Paola Barale: Italian television host and actress, known for "Cascina Vianello" (TV-series, 1996) and "Broadcast" (TV-Film, 2005).
- Chris White: English engineer and politician.
- Kari Wuhrer: American actress and singer
- Muhammad Ali refuses induction into army and is stripped of boxing title.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Nancy Sinatra - Somethin' Stupid
- The Monkees - A Little Bit Me, A Little Bit You
- The Turtles - Happy Together
- Arthur Conley - Sweet Soul Music
- Tommy James and the Shondells - I Think We're Alone Now
- The Five Americans - Western Union
- Petula Clark - This Is My Song
- The Supremes - The Happening
- Four Tops - Bernadette
- Martha & the Vandellas - Jimmy Mack
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?