Saturday 1 April 1967
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Phil Demmel and Nicola Roxon.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Happy Together by The Turtles.
In UK Somethin' Stupid by Nancy Sinatra & Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Double Trouble, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Birds Fall Down by Rebecca West was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching La princesse du rail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 April 1967
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1967!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1967 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Phil Demmel: American musician.
- Nicola Roxon: Australian lawyer and politician 34th Attorney-General of Australia.
- 1st British ombudsman sir Edward Compton begins work
- The United States Department of Transportation begins operation.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Turtles - Happy Together
- The Mama's & The Papa's - Dedicated To The One I Love
- The Beatles - Penny Lane
- Herman's Hermits - There's A Kind Of Hush
- Four Tops - Bernadette
- Petula Clark - This Is My Song
- The Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth (Stop, Hey What's That Sound)
- The Beatles - Strawberry Fields Forever
- Nancy Sinatra - Somethin' Stupid
- The Five Americans - Western Union
Top #10 R&B songs
- Aretha Franklin - I Never Loved A Man (The Way I Love You)
- The Marvelettes - The Hunter Gets Captured By The Game
- Sam & Dave - When Something Is Wrong With My Baby
- Martha & The Vandellas - Jimmy Mack
- Cannonball Adderley - Mercy, Mercy, Mercy
- The Supremes - Love Is Here And Now You're Gone
- Arthur Conley - Sweet Soul Music
- Brenda & The Tabulations - Dry Your Eyes
- Four Tops - Bernadette
- Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - The Love I Saw In You Was Just A Mirage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?