Monday August 27, 2018
US date format: 8/27/2018, UK date format: 27/8/2018
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on August 27, 2018). The US president was Donald John Trump (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Theresa May (Conservative).
Life Itself, directed by Dan Fogelman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2018
while To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Nazar.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 27, 2018?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- United States free-trade agreements, Mexico–United States relations: The United States and Mexico reach common ground on key trade terms in the North American Free Trade Agreement. Canada has yet to sign off on the agreement. (BBC) (Reuters)
- The United States and Mexico reach common ground on key trade terms in the North American Free Trade Agreement. Canada has yet to sign off on the agreement. (BBC) (Reuters)
- A United Nations Human Rights Council report based on 875 interviews recommends Min Aung Hlaing and five other generals in Myanmar be investigated and prosecuted for genocide, crimes against humanity and war crimes since the 1960s. (UPI)
- Aftermath of the Sri Lankan Civil War: Forensic anthropologists from the University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka, report that more than 90 sets of human remains have been discovered near the town of Mannar. The mass grave is situated in an area that saw heavy fighting during the country's civil war. (BBC)
- See more
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next August 27If August 27, 2018 is your birthday you're 1 year, 11 months, 16 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 15 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $79.91
- Apple AAPL: opens at $217.15
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $109.27
- General Electric GE: opens at $12.48
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $146.94
- 1 USD = 0.856 EUR
- 1 USD = 111.074 JPY
- 1 USD = 0.7755 GBP
- 1 USD = 1.3605 AUD
- 1 USD = 1.2963 CAD