Wednesday August 29, 2018
US date format: 8/29/2018, UK date format: 29/8/2018
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on August 29, 2018). The US president was Donald John Trump (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Theresa May (Conservative).
Life Itself, directed by Dan Fogelman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2018
while Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Nazar.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 29, 2018?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- See more
- A 7.1 magnitude earthquake hits the Loyalty Islands, New Caledonia. (Stuff)
- The Swar Chaung dam bursts in Yedashe Township, Bago Region, Myanmar, flooding around a hundred villages and forcing roughly 50,000 people to flee their homes. One person is missing and the country's main highway is flooded. (The Guardian)
- The Philippine Navy's Gregorio del Pilar-class frigate BRP Gregorio del Pilar (FF-15) runs aground on the disputed Half Moon Shoal in the South China Sea. (ABC News)
- Germany–Namibia relations: Germany hands over to Namibia the human remains—19 skulls, a scalp and bones—of Herero and Nama tribespeople among the tens of thousands killed by the German Empire between 1904 and 1908. (Al Jazeera)
- See more
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next August 29If August 29, 2018 is your birthday you're 1 year, 11 months, 14 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 17 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $80.44
- Apple AAPL: opens at $220.15
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $110.45
- General Electric GE: opens at $12.77
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $146.87
- 1 USD = 0.8539 EUR
- 1 USD = 111.725 JPY
- 1 USD = 0.7678 GBP
- 1 USD = 1.3683 AUD
- 1 USD = 1.2912 CAD