Saturday 27 March 1971
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Coulthard and Grégori Derangère.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Me And Bobby McGee by Janis Joplin.
In UK Baby Jump by Mungo Jerry was in the top 5 hits.
The Beguiled, directed by Donald Siegel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Throne Of Saturn by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Return of Ultraman.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Oregon Trail or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1971!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1971 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- David Coulthard: Scottish race car driver, eclipsing Damon Hill in a 1997 championship.
- Grégori Derangère: French stage and film actor, he won the Cesar award for best promising actor in 2004.
- Nathan Fillion: Canadian actor.
- Kelvyn Alp: New Zealand politician.
- Thom Barron: German porn actor.
- Victor Bodiu: Moldovan economist and politician
- Santiago Amor: Spanish footballer
- Roger Owensby: Jr. American sergeant (d. 2000)
- Matt Pegg: English bass player (Procol Harum)
- East Pakistan (now Bangladesh) independence is repeatedly declared by Army Major (later President of Bangladesh) Ziaur Rahman on behalf of Sheikh Mujibur Rahman from Kalurghat Radio Station, Chittagong.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 March 1971
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Janis Joplin - Me And Bobby McGee
- The Temptations - Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)
- Tom Jones - She's A Lady
- Ike & Tina Turner - Proud Mary
- Carpenters - For All We Know
- The Partridge Family - Doesn't Somebody Want To Be Wanted
- Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
- Sammi Smith - Help Me Make It Through The Night
- The Osmonds - One Bad Apple
- George Harrison - What Is Life
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?