Thursday 25 March 1971
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Perry Klein and Stacy Dragila.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Me And Bobby McGee by Janis Joplin.
In UK Baby Jump by Mungo Jerry was in the top 5 hits.
The Beguiled, directed by Donald Siegel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Throne Of Saturn by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Taková normální rodinka.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1971!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1971 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- Perry Klein: NFL quarterback (Atlanta Falcons).
- Stacy Dragila: American pole vaulter and coach.
- Cammi Granato: American ice hockey player and sportscaster.
- Sheryl Swoopes: Texas, United States -- WNBA forward (Houston Comets.
- Boston Patriots become New England Patriots.
- European council accepts Mansholt plan laying off five million farmers.
- Bangladesh Liberation War: Beginning of Operation Searchlight by the Pakistani Armed Forces against East Pakistani civilians.
- The Army of the Republic of Vietnam abandon an attempt to cut off the Ho Chi Minh trail in Laos.
- The Pakistani army starts Operation Searchlight in East Pakistan from midnight, after President Agha Muhammad Yahya Khan, a military ruler, voids election results that gave the Awami League an overwhelming majority in the parliament.
- Nihat Erim (a former CHP member) forms the new government of Turkey (33rd government,composed mostly of technocrats)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 March 1971
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Janis Joplin - Me And Bobby McGee
- The Temptations - Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)
- Tom Jones - She's A Lady
- Ike & Tina Turner - Proud Mary
- Carpenters - For All We Know
- The Partridge Family - Doesn't Somebody Want To Be Wanted
- Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
- Sammi Smith - Help Me Make It Through The Night
- The Osmonds - One Bad Apple
- George Harrison - What Is Life
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?